This is what’s new on PathologyOutlines.com:
1. New Editorial Board Member for GI Pathology
Dr. Monika Vyas has been appointed to the Editorial Board for GI pathology. Dr. Vyas completed her early pathology training at the Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai, India, followed by an AP/CP residency at the Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT. She subsequently did an Oncologic Surgical Pathology fellowship and a Gastrointestinal / Pancreatobiliary Pathology fellowship at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY. She joined the faculty at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA in 2019.
2. Jobs Records
We had a record 114 jobs posted in April. Our previous record was 111 in October 2019. In addition, as of 27 May 2021, we have 506 jobs posted, the highest number in our history.
3. Chapter Updates
We recently merged the CD markers chapter into the Stains chapter. We also created a Molecular markers chapter and a Cytopathology chapter. Because we are moving some topics to other chapters, we will soon be removing the Methods chapter.
4. Author Collage
5. Books Posted in May
The following books were posted to our books database in May 2021:
- Apheresis: Principles and Practice (4th ed, $140, AABB, 2020)
- Blood Transfusion Therapy: A Physician’s Handbook (13th ed, $78, AABB, 2020)
- Comprehensive Cytopathology (4th ed, 976 pages, $241, Other, 2014)
- Cytology: Diagnostic Principles and Clinical Correlates (5th ed, 688 pages, $161, Elsevier, 2020)
- Practical Guide To Transfusion Medicine (2nd ed, 485 pages, $334, AABB, 2007)
- Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services (32nd ed, 128 pages, $273, AABB, 2021)
- Technical Manual (20th ed, 816 pages, $265, AABB, 2020)
- The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook (3rd ed, 1136 pages, $79, Other, 2012)
- The International Academy of Cytology Yokohama System for Reporting Breast Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy Cytopathology (1st ed, 197 pages, $90, Springer, 2020)
- The International System for Serous Fluid Cytopathology (1st ed, 326 pages, $90, Springer, 2020)
- The Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology System for Reporting Pancreaticobiliary Cytology: Definitions, Criteria and Explanatory Notes (2015th edition, 111 pages, $70, Springer, 2015)
- The Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology System for Reporting Respiratory Cytology: Definitions, Criteria, Explanatory Notes, and Recommendations for Ancillary Testing (1st ed, 160 pages, $54, Springer, 2018)
- Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis: Clinical and Laboratory Aspects (3rd ed, 1050 pages, $40, Elsevier, 2018)
- Transfusion Medicine Self-Assessment and Review (3rd ed, 669 pages, $240, AABB, 2017)